Web GIS is a geographic information system on the Internet / Intranet network, whose users can view, edit and analyze spatial data using conventional web browsers. In web GIS can be implemented almost any function available in desktop GIS: map navigation, data editing, spatial analysis, search, geocoding and more.
To work in web GIS, the user does not need specialized software or the qualification of a GIS specialist. It is enough to have a web browser and an Internet connection.
The main advantages of using web GIS over desktop and mobile GIS are:
- increase the availability of spatial data through the ability to access from personal computers, laptops, smartphones and tablets via web browsers;
- reducing the cost of purchasing desktop GIS applications;
- centralization of storage, processing and access to data.
The work of web GIS is based on GIS services, ie web services that provide access to spatial data, their processing, analysis, retrieval and visualization.
GIS technology combines disparate data into a single species. Data sources can be:
- Earth remote sensing data (remote sensing data) as the primary source of spatial data;
- cartographic materials, topographic and general geographical maps, maps of administrative-territorial division, cadastral plans, etc .;
- the results of geodetic measurements on the ground performed leveled, theodolite, electronic total station, GNSS receivers, etc .;
- data of the state statistical services on the most various branches of a national economy, and also data of stationary measuring posts of supervision (hydrological and meteorological data, data on environmental pollution, etc.);
- literature data (reference books, books, monographs and articles containing a variety of information on certain types of geographical features.
SE "BelPSHAGI" performs a full cycle of work on the creation of web GIS, including:
- preparation of maps for display in web GIS;
- web GIS design;
- creation of GIS services that will handle the processing of user requests;
- web interface development;
- installation and configuration of web GIS components;
- training of users and administrators.
Use the services of our team, order the development of your Web GIS, which will meet your requirements.
Choose a convenient way to request it
Order a free consultation